I’m a seventh-generation Georgian who is sick of watching two parties battle over who can do the least for the American people and who can do the most for big banks and billionaires. I am running for U.S. Senate, not because I am the single best candidate, but because I will single-mindedly work to serve the working people of our great Republic and take it back from the bureaucrats and billionaires who are destroying it.
Share Our Wealth
The top 1% of households in the United States control 33% of the wealth of this nation, and the top 10% control 70% of the wealth. Meanwhile, The bottom 50% of households control a meager 1%. This must be corrected and attempts to gradually “trickle down” wealth have failed, because you and I can’t afford an army of lobbyists and lawyers to write tax laws and regulations and then find ways to evade those same laws. As such, we need a simple, comprehensive redistribution of wealth. Not one that removes all incentive for hard work, but one that assures no person can rise so far that they become above the law and no person can fall so far that they become utterly destitute. The free market is a mighty machine for generating wealth just like the automobile is a mighty machine for transportation, but in both cases we need to make sure they’re taking us where we need to go, not running us over.
- No person will be allowed to accumulate a personal net worth of more than 300 times the median family net worth. A graduated wealth tax will be assessed on all persons with a net worth exceeding $20 million.
- Annual incomes will be limited to $20 million and inheritances will be capped at $100 million. Yearly income, however, cannot exceed more than 300 times the size of the average family income.
- Every family will be furnished with a homestead allowance of not less than one-third the average family net worth of the country.
- Every individual will be guaranteed an annual income of at least $20,000 per adult and $5,000 per dependent with annual increases in proportion to the rate of inflation
- Free education and training for all students to have equal opportunities in all schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions for training in the professions and vocations of life.